Services > Savings
Savings and Deposits
Whether you are interested in saving for a new bike or for your retirement, Medina County Federal Credit Union has a Savings Account to fit your needs. We can help you assess your savings strategy and determine the right account for you, from traditional Savings Accounts to high-yield Money Market Accounts.
All deposits are insured
All deposits at Medina County FCU are insured up to $250,000 per account by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), an agency of the federal government.
Calculate your total deposit insurance with NCUA's Online Share Insurance Calculator.
In order to enjoy the membership benefits of Medina County Federal Credit Union, all members must maintain a Regular Share Savings Account with a minimum balance of $5.00. You will receive dividends quarterly according to the current rates with this account.
In order to obtain the disclosed percentage yield, your account must obtain a minimum average daily balance of $100. In addition:
- Dividends are calculated by the average daily balance for the period
- Average daily balance is calculated by adding the account balance for each day of the period and dividing it by the number of days in the period
- Regular Share Savings Account periods are a quarterly statement cycle
- Dividends begin accruing the day you place your deposit.
Medina County Federal Credit Union Certificate Accounts are an excellent way to invest money and earn risk-free dividends.
Our Certificate Accounts:
- Return premium dividend rates for guaranteed terms of investment
- Range from your choice of three months to five years with a guaranteed rate for $1,000 or more
- Certificates of $10,000 or more earn higher dividends
Money Market Accounts
We also offer Money Market Accounts at Medina County Federal Credit Union for members interested in a more aggressive savings strategy. The minimum balance for a Money Market Account is $1,500 at the Credit Union. Additional Money Market Accounts with minimums of $10,000, $25,000, and $50,000 are also available to our members. Accounts with higher minimum balances receive higher dividends.
Clear advantages of Money Market Accounts:
- Maximum flexibility
- Higher earnings
- Pays dividends weekly at a higher rate
If you are thinking about setting up an IRA for your retirement, you\’ve come to the right place. Medina County Federal Credit Union offers both Roth IRAs and Traditional IRAs to our members.
- Contributions may be tax deductible
- Deposits are insured up to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration
- Interest may also be tax deductible
- Your earnings grow tax-deferred
- Contributions can be withdrawn with no tax penalty or liability
- Qualified contributions may never be taxed
Products and Services